Looking for a quick yet enriching lunch-hour diversion? Check out these riveting eco-themed commercials chosen as the past decade’s “12 most thought-provoking” by Mother Nature Network, the self-described “green CNN”).
A few observations after viewing the clean dozen:
- Polar bears are the go-to animal for poignancy (my favorite of the bunch).
- We used to be very earnest.
- We lightened up.
- We conflated consumerism and environmentalism (buy a Leaf, Prius or Audi, and you’re saving the world!)
- Irony is okay, if you sprinkle it with touchy-feely moments.
- Peeing in the shower is green. You don’t say.